Quite often it’s difficult to believe that some of the most famous and successful people we know are also famous for having failed before.
Do you know these people? I bet you do! See if you can identify them … then watch the video below to see if you’re right.
- After being cut from his High School basketball team, he went home, locked himself in his room and cried.
- He wasn’t able to speak until he was almost 4 years old and his teachers said he would “never amount to much”.
- She was demoted from her job as a news anchor because she “wasn’t fit for television”.
- He was fired from a newspaper for “lacking imagination” and “having no original ideas”.
- At age 11 he was cut from his team after being diagnosed with a growth hormone deficiency, which made him smaller in stature than most kids his age.
- At 30 years old he was left devastated and depressed after being unceremoniously removed from the company he started.
- A high school dropout, whose personal struggles with drugs and poverty culminated in an unsuccessful suicide attempt.
- A teacher told him he was “too stupid to learn anything” and that he should go into a field where he “might succeed by virtue of his pleasant personality”.
- Rejected by Decca recording studios, who said “we don’t like their sound … they have no future in show business”.
- His first book was rejected by 27 publishers.
- His fiancé died, he failed in business, had a nervous breakdown and was defeated in 8 elections.
So, as you can see, none of these famous people had instant success! They had to go through their own hardships and troubles to be successful. The main thing they have in common? Not one of them ever gave up! Instead, they continued on until they achieved their goals and reached their dreams. And so can you!