Quite often it’s difficult to believe that some of the most famous and successful people we know are also famous for having failed before.
Do you know these people? I bet you do! See if you can identify them … then watch the video below to see if you’re right.
- After being cut from his High School basketball team, he went home, locked himself in his room and cried.
- He wasn’t able to speak until he was almost 4 years old and his teachers said he would “never amount to much”.
- She was demoted from her job as a news anchor because she “wasn’t fit for television”.
- He was fired from a newspaper for “lacking imagination” and “having no original ideas”.
- At age 11 he was cut from his team after being diagnosed with a growth hormone deficiency, which made him smaller in stature than most kids his age.
- At 30 years old he was left devastated and depressed after being unceremoniously removed from the company he started.
- A high school dropout, whose personal struggles with drugs and poverty culminated in an unsuccessful suicide attempt.
- A teacher told him he was “too stupid to learn anything” and that he should go into a field where he “might succeed by virtue of his pleasant personality”.
- Rejected by Decca recording studios, who said “we don’t like their sound … they have no future in show business”.
- His first book was rejected by 27 publishers.
- His fiancé died, he failed in business, had a nervous breakdown and was defeated in 8 elections.
So, as you can see, none of these famous people had instant success! They had to go through their own hardships and troubles to be successful. The main thing they have in common? Not one of them ever gave up! Instead, they continued on until they achieved their goals and reached their dreams. And so can you!
On our way to NES8 (No Excuses Summit 8) in Las Vegas, Marinda and I nearly missed our connecting flight from Frankfurt to Chicago, following the wrong signs! We had just under 2 hours before our connecting flight departed and felt quite confident we had plenty of time.
So we followed the signs pointing to the connecting flights and happily stood in a queue for about 35 minutes. When we eventually got to the front, a very serious young man asked us why we wanted to go into Germany. For a moment we thought he was joking and told him so. It was obvious he didn’t really appreciate us thinking of him as a prankster!
We are actually on our way to Chicago we said and, after a dramatic eye roll and head shaking, he explained that we should have followed the blue signs. It was obvious he didn’t think much of our navigational abilities.
Maybe it was our panic-stricken faces that made him soften a bit, because he assured us that if we didn’t dilly-dally and followed the correct signs this time, we should still make our flight.
Needless to say we did not hang around, we took off like bats out of hell! 14 minutes later, sweating and with a lot of heavy breathing, we triumphantly offered our passports and boarding passes just in time to be cleared for boarding.
This whole saga made me think of how, starting out in internet marketing, I was following the wrong signs, always ending up lost and in the wrong place time after time. Although I didn’t even realize it then, I needed someone to point out the rights signs to follow.
I always believed that if I just kept on going, eventually things will start to make sense. I was looking for “the young man in Frankfurt” to point me in the right direction and show me which signs to follow. When I found him, he turned out to be a young man called Ferny Ceballos from Los Angeles, California.
As soon as I began doing his 10-day boot camp, things have started falling into place. I’ve not looked back – because for the first time – I have someone showing me the right signs to follow! I’ve managed to board my ‘connecting flight’ and, as I build my online businesses, I know I’ll never miss one!
Are you still struggling with your internet/affiliate/network marketing business? Do you feel as if you’re following the wrong signs all the time? Then do yourself a favor, sign up for Ferny’s free 10-day boot camp. If you follow his advice and implement what he teaches, your online marketing will take off and you’ll never look back!